One of our favorite pancake or waffle toppings, this fruity syrup has no added sugar and is only sweetened with dates! It’s perfect for kids and adults who are trying to eat only natural sugars. This syrup is thick and flavorful and is the perfect replacement for maple syrup!
Very Berry Date Syrup
- 1 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup strawberries (frozen or fresh)
- 6 medjool dates
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- A splash of lemon juice
- Soak dates in water overnight or soak briefly in boiling water until softened.
- If using frozen berries, microwave them until hot.
- Drain the dates from the water, and add to a blender. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend. If the mixture is too thick, add plant based milk until the texture is thin enough to pour.
- Serve hot over pancakes or waffles.
Other berries can be substituted. Mix up your favorites!