This filling Mediterranean Bowl is packed with quinoa, colorful veggies, and the tahini dressing is so good you’ll be adding it to everything!
Roasted chickpeas are one of the things that makes this buddha bowl so tasty. Here are two ways to roast them:
- Roast in the oven on a cookie sheet (add paprika and garlic if desired) at 425 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
- Pop them in your air fryer at 390 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
The crunchy, creamy texture is such a fun twist on the classic legume.
One of the things I love about this bowl is that it’s perfect for meal prepping! Cooked quinoa stays fresh for 7 days in the refrigerator, making this the perfect lunch for a busy week. It is also customizable, add avocado for extra healthy fats or different veggies.
Vegan Mediterranean Bowl with Chickpeas and Tahini Dressing
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup greens of choice
- 1/2 cup chickpeas (roasted, air-fried, or plain)
- 1 mini cucumber
- 2 tbs olives
- 4 tbs cherry tomatoes or diced tomato
- 1 stalk green onions
- 2 tbs hummus
- 1 tbs sauerkraut (optional)
- 1/2 cup frozen veggies like kale, green beans, peas, etc. (optional)
Tahini Dressing Ingredients
- 1 tbs tahini (I reccomend the Soom brand)
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp dried italian spice blend
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sumac (optional)
- Cook the quinoa, roast/air-fry the chickpeas, and heat the frozen veggeis (if desired).
- Once the quinoa is finished, mix in the cooked veggies to make the base of your bowl.
- Dice the cucumber, tomatoes, olives, and green onions while the quinoa and chickpeas cook.
- Add the chicpeas, greens, chopped veggies, hummus, and sauerkraut to the bowl of quinoa.
- Mix the tahini dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Use water to thin out the dressing to the desired consistency.
- Drizzle the tahini sauce over your bowl and serve.